SHARKSKIN ULTRA RADIANT® is a high-performance roof underlayment that also acts as a radiant barrier for all metal, slate, tile and shingle roof installations.
SHARKSKIN ULTRA RADIANT® was developed to exceed “California Energy Code” requirements by providing a reflective insulation layer that is an important component in the development of an “energy saving roof system” or cool roof. The radiant barrier reflects infrared energy to reduce heat gain and the cooling load on the building contributing to a more energy efficient building.
SHARKSKIN ULTRA RADIANT® has a unique patented design that uses multiple layers of blended polypropylene with a reflective layer to:
- Reduce roof and attic temperature lowering energy costs.
- Provide secondary moisture barrier protection that contributes to the primary roof coverings durability.
- High tensile strength to protect against hurricane force winds.
- High traction non-slip surface- for excellent grip and safe walking. Always use caution and fall protective gear especially in wet weather and windy conditions.
- 12-month UV resistance
- ICC-ES, Miami-Dade and Florida Building Code approved
- High Temp rated, All temperature performance -40˚F to 280˚F
- Light grey surface- cooler for installers to walk on and work with
- Installs with 3/8” roofing nails- doesn’t require plastic cap nails
- 50-year warranty